St Heliers Bay Stores

Photo: Sir George Grey Special Collection

Barfoot’s corner has seen a succession of food shops, from the pipi, mussels and oyster restaurant around the turn of the century to the St Heliers Store owned by Mr Angel, who sold it in 1927 to Foley and Reidy. They sold to Morgan and Eaddy who passed it to Blue and White Self-Help in the 1930’s. The premises were later converted to offices.