Grand Vue Private Hotel
The Grand Vue Private Hotel. On the corner of Turua Street, The Grand Vue Private Hotel, built in the 1920s, used for euchre parties to raise funds for local organisations such as the Volunteer Fire Brigade. In 1939 it was sometimes referred to as “Swains” and later the St Heliers Private Hotel which was demolished in 1991. Planning permission was given for a two storeyed restaurant and community café. This is currently Moreton’s Bar and Restaurant.